Re: [tech][non-rocco] A2 tranny swap

> the linkage is different for a 4speed
>
> If you can overcome this, I guess it would work

Thanks for the expeditious reply.

What part of the linkage is different?  A 4spd will fit into another A1
that came with a 5spd I know.  Part of the linkage is mounted to the
transaxle bracket (A2).  Is that what you meant as different?

Thanks again.  Thanks Brett and Chris and everyone.  This list is Hella
Cool!!!! (southpark, not lighting equip.)

later,
Greg Faust

85 Mazda RX7 - dedicated autoxer
86 Jetta Deluxe 2dr - dedicated snow dog
87 GLi  - dedicated baby carrier
88 Scirocco 16v -dedicated to me (206k miles and counting)

- --