Re: Wont start

In a message dated 10/29/98 8:23:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
paul.quick@citicorp.com writes:

>  What's going on! I'm afraid I'll be stuck somewhere in the middle of a
>  cold N.Y. night.  HELP
>
>  Paul

Check the recent reply to the similar symptom-  If the car starts well and
runs OK most of the time, but fails to start well after being off a long time,
it sound like the electrical contacts could use some refreshening, if not out
right replacement, of the 'big' wires involved in the battery to starter and
ground situation.

The other thing mentioned was ignition switches, haven't had to deal with
this. But I have had to deal with the "Battery won't hold a charge" thing and
reconditioning the electrical contacts and adding some supplemental ground
wires brought back said suspect battery to good graces.

hth,
TBerk
Verbose mode
- --