Re: Hope to be my last request for GTI help..

There should be a switch, I believe it's called the "high speed enrichment" switch.  This switch is on the throttle linkage and only comes into play when the accelerator is pressed "ALL THE WAY" down - at near-maximum throttle openning.  If this is when you are experienceing the hisitation then you are getting a mixture that is too rich and is "gagging" your engine.  You maybe able to adjust (slightly) your mixture control screw so that your engine runs a little leaner even at max throttle.
- --