Re: Hope to be my last request for GTI help..

Dunno if you already tried this, but it sounds like your car isn't recognising
that it's cold. I'd suspect the thermoswitch that is on the coolant line near
the hoses to the heater core. It should be closed (continuous) when cold, and
open (no continuity) when hot.
    GL!
    -Josiah