Re: 2.0 conversion

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:07:56 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@nol.net>
writes:
>ahh good eyes, yes I do believe it is not recommended you go above a
>260 on a blown engine for best all around performance. I know of a
>G60 owner with a 268 and he says it's fine, but stepping up to a 270
>might burt the engine more than you think.
>
>Ryan

A quick reference to my Greg Ravens book on the topic of superchargered
cams reveals that the best combination of power (as studied by VW.) and
emissions can be had with -7* crankshaft degrees of overlap. So basically
the exhaust valves are completely closed when the intake valve is
opening. This reduced the tendacy of the blower (turbo, whatever.) to
force the incomming air thru the exhaust port.

So you have the birth of the  G60 camshaft. So to me, if your using a hyd
head, this would seem to be a great cam choice for a turbo application?
Seems that wayto me. I dont think ive ever heard of an aftermarket cam to
be specifally used with a turbo system.  (other than a stock cam.)

Also, some of my own research on the current Turbo crowd has shown me
that all the import turbo guys are using stocks cams. Interesting eh?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and