Radiator/block seal--comments?

Hi, y'all...

I just replaced the water pump on my '81, and now there's a leak that I
can't find *anywhere*.  It isn't at the water pump, not at the thermostat
or any of the the hoses.  It seems to be coming from the back of the motor
and is dripping from the tranny drain plug.  This scares me a lot, because
the reason I replaced the water pump in the first place is the car
overheated; when I got it home (short drive, luckily) I saw it leaking like
mad from the weep hole.  I'm afraid the block is cracked.

I noticed it this evening, after replacing the pump and refilling with
coolant.  I didn't do a real good job looking for the leak because it was
getting dark.  (BTW, this job *sucks* on a car with AC.)

Anyway, I need to use the car pretty badly, and I wondered if any of you
had used radiator or block sealant before and had any horror stories (or
the other kind).  Any other ideas as to where the water could be coming
from would be helpful, too, and appreciated greatly.

Thanks in advance!

Carlyle Fitzgerald (Carlee)
- --