Re: Overheating issues

When you changed the waterpump, etc., I think you might have missed
the most important step when re-filling.

1.  Take the top hose off the radiator and fill the block, then replace
the hose.
2.  Then fill the radiator/ bottle.

I would guess you have almost no fluid in the block ,and have air in
the system.  i hope you didn't warp the head............

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chair
78 DSP VW Scirocco regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway
Ugly 78 Scirocco , needs a motor  SOLD!!
80 Scirocco-S  copper, getting a 1.8L next week
- --