Re: Stiff accelerator pedal

You can try spraying a penetrant lube down the sheath of the cable,
that is only a temporary remedy.  You'll need to get a new cable.
They really aren't that expensive either.

> From:          EGJ123@aol.com
> Date:          Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:04:28 EST
> To:            scirocco-L@scirocco.org
> Subject:       Stiff accelerator pedal

> Hi everyone,
> can anyone possibly suggest a remedy for the following:
> the accelerator pedal on my '88 GTX is *very* stiff, makes it tricky to drive
> smoothly in traffic.  Me and my dad have had a look at it, we've tried taking
> a winding off the throttle return spring, but that makes the throttle too
> loose, ie, you put your foot down, and the car keeps accelerating, even when
> you've taken your foot off the gas.  So that idea was scrapped.  Is there any
> way around this problem other than buying a new throttle cable?
> TIA,
> Jamie
> http://members.aol.com/egj123

                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
            "What, behind the rabbit?"
                veritech@fix.net
        http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/2422/
- --