Re: headers? [Help! new problem]

AARRGGH!

you're right, Brian.

It's a 4 into one!

Dammit!
Ok, I've got a day to decide if I want the header or not.
How does everybody feel about 4 into 1s for street use?
What if I go with 2" cat back, instead of 2.25?
Should I just forget it and find a tri-y?

I don't want to lose a lot of low end just for power above
4000 rpms.

Alex Ting
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
8303 Sierra College Blvd., Suite 150
Granite Bay, CA 95746

Phone: 888-801-2001 or 916-797-9998
Fax: 916-797-9997
Email: alex@millenniumsolutions.net

- ----------
> From: Brian Honnold <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
> To: 'Alex Ting' <alex@millenniumsolutions.net>
> Subject: RE: headers?
> Date: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 11:57 AM
>
> Oh, it's a 4-1. disregard all my earlier comments.
>
> The TT mount will be fine.
>
> The subframe is really 5 peices.  all you do is screw the sections
together
> and secure it with a big nut just like a heim joint.  The crossbar lined
up
> with no problem.
>
> The 22mm bar makes a huge difference.  It even sits in a better location
> relative to the exhaust than the Neuspeed so I don't have any annoyin
> clanking now.
>
> Brian Honnold
> '78 Rocco Ragtop
>
> On Tuesday, October 27, 1998 10:21 AM, Alex Ting
> [SMTP:alex@millenniumsolutions.net] wrote:
> >
> > Here, I'll attach a pic....
> >

> > > I don't think it is overkill.   You may need to step up to a big cam
or
> > the
> > > 1.8 to really take advantage of the better breathing though.
> >
> > I was just thinking of a g-grind.  Don't want to lose too
> > much low end.
> >

> > > My headers had a little metal tab just like the stock downpipe.  That

> is
> > > where I bolted it to the tranny brace.
> >
> > I don't think this one has it.
> >
> > > The TT front mount is poly that comes with their exhaust I think.
Red
> > One.
> >
> > Nope, I got a black one from Shannon Fenton.
> >
> > > What kinda deal did you get???
> >
> > $70, brand spanking new, already wrapped and tapped.
> >

> > > I put on the front Autoech bar and the lower subframe last night.
What

> > > nightmare.  It took two hours to get it all lined up so that it would
> > even
> > > get close to bolting in.  Whatta ride in this morning though.  Damn
> that
> > > stuff makes the front end stiff.
> >
> > So you did the whole lower subframe?
> > The four point thingy?