Re: [debate][140hp JH?]

For starters the car that started this thread is a 91 cab which
"should" have a 2H motor which is a 10.0-1 big valve hydro head w/
digifant(trash) injection. If this cab has a 140hp hes missing 1 very
important mod...that's a Header or a dual outlet Manifold.  Those
cabs came with the biggest peice of SHIT manifold VW has ever
thought up ( even worse then the round donut style most of you
MkII 8v guys get stuck with)  & comparing a 10.0-1 motor to a 8.5
or 9.5 is just not fair & not a realistic comparison.

> At 08:25 PM 10/26/98 +0000, you wrote:
>
> While we're on the JH horsepower topic i'm wondering if ya'll think this is
> an accurate representation of my hp:
> New JH .020 over for 1803cc 	 	92hp

<snipped the mod sheet>

> I'd say 130 is accurate at the wheels. What kinda times should i be pulling?

I'd say not...maybe at the crank since that is your baseline @ 92.
A bone stock JH has anywhere from 85-90 CRANK HP!  You will
lose about 22% through the drivetrain so that makes a stock JH
have "maybe" 70-77 ROAD HP!  so add from there but add ROAD
HP from the mods you did.

Time wise 0-60 probably in the mid to high 7's maybe low 8's hard
to say really depends on condition etc.etc. 1/4 mile probably high
15's low 16's...that's realistic.

> I raced a new (95+) modded Integra non-VTEC, nice $500 stainless exhaust,
> intake, bodykit, huge rear wing(+10hp), etc. I took him by about 3 feet
> until 4th gear(about 80mph) and he pulled SLOWLY. how fast are the stock
> Integras?

So 1 Question,  Can he Drive?? Of course the bodykit is adding
weight so there ya go....But the question still reamins ;)

- ----------------

> > I have the same cam with a ported big valve (41 x 35) with a
1.9 block
> > and lots of other goods and I,m probably around 125 hp.
> >
> >                                Andy

>It's got a ported manifold with n/s tb and the larger airflow meter
>with
>a Brospeed header and gillet system. Actually I made a mistake I
>don't
>have the same cam as him, I got a 286.

               Andy

>Always better to underestimate than overestimate

True true,  so you have a 1.9 bigger than big valve P&P head with a
286 cam? What CR do you have?  If your in the 10-1 range you
should be doing from 115 to 125 to the wheels.

For the record I've squeezed just about as much streetable power
from a 1.8 & last I dyno'd it (@APS) on a cold morning it was 120
to the wheels & on a hot mid-day run it was 115 both were done
several times to get a consistent # so if you do the math even on a
HOT day (whick takes HP away) it's got approx 140 HP to the
CRANK.  Now this is from a Balanced bottom end (RD) 11.3-1 CR
P&P head, Scrick 276 cam, Euro manifold & downpipe w/a Gillet,
Everything is port matched, NS TB,  Knock sensor, Big air flow
meter, Gutted air box w/K&N,  yadda..yadda...you get the point.
Shawn knows, Krucke knows they drove it...shit Meze was in it
with all my race gear in including 4 wheels/tires & I KILLED a
Gutted honda (which usually isn't hard if the aren;t squeezing ;) )

So if anybody cares or has read this far, unless this guy isn't telling
us the whole story with his car then he's dreaming if he thinks he's
got 140 hp.

my .02

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman