Re: Suspension....

> Ok..... I know this has been hashed out many a time before....
> I am going to have to do the upgrade real soon,
> What do you all recommend for lowering an MK2 8v about an inch or so,
> and giving a good firm feel?
>
> Shocks
> Bilstein ~v~ Tockico ~v~ BOGE ~v~ ?

If price is not too much of concern, I'd go with Bilstein or Koni for
shocks.  If price is a serious issue, then the Boge Turbogas are quite
good in their price/performance rating.  There are several good spring
sets out there, I'd say get the Neuspeed lowering or (my personal favs)
the H&R lowering springs.

> Springs
> Are the H÷R tech's good?

In my own experience, I'd advise against them.

> Also, price-wise... best value?

Call around.  Surf the web.  Start with the usual sources: AAB/VWP Mark/Mike.

> Mark
- --