Is this List a reflection of state of the H20 VW community?

That
said is this list a reflection of the current VW community?

First off, the funny thing I see is the "Rice Boy" mentality that
everyone was quick to rip on now permeates many Scirocco folks and the
rest of the hobby.  The attitudes are right there with it.

***this stuff is generally boring to me (but sometimes funny) delete
excercised often.

Next, at one point in time most VW folks would bend over backwards to
help another VW guy,

*** I am happy to say that I still know VW'ers like this  :-) . . .
(even on this list - which is the main reason I'm on this list)

and flame wars just did not exist.  Now it seems
(especially in the younger watercooled world) there is alot of
'attitude' and hooray for me and screw you.  What prompts my above
statements are from some of the many VW shows I have been to over the
last year and a half.  Most VW shows as we all know are usually open
to both Air & Watercooled.  The trend I have noticed lately is the
Watercooled people tend to clump together (complete with their baggy
Tommy Hilfiger attire etc),

*** Tommy Hi-Figure, hehehehehe!

 and cop attitudes, think they are the
bomb.  Many crank their earth shaking sound systems and have burnout
wars upon leaving.

*** I think the sound shows (wars) should be limited to Stereo retailer
parking lots, thank you.

  Many older VW clubs who were primarly Aircooled
but welcomed the Watercooled cars are now NO LONGER letting the
waterpumpers into shows, and going back to the Vintage stuff.  Sad for
me since I love both.  I too have tried to engauge converstaions on
some trick things I have seen only to be given a nose up attitude.

DON'T GET ME WRONG there are MANY cool people here and out there in
the H20 world.

***Yes there are!

Mark
Scirocco 1982