Re: misses/hesitates when gas pedal depressed

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:50:34 -0800 "(V.Harris (Fnugen))"
<vwman@skyia.com> writes:
>  Hey all. This is in effect a NON-Rocco post. I figure seeing how I am
>member of the list, and could easily have said it was my Rocco....but
why
>bother right?? It is still a request for mechanical knowledge and
expertise
>on a JH. I just picked up a 1984 GTI which was a really good deal,
>but........it idles just fine (after readjusting the timing belt and
timing)
>but once I even so much as breath on the gas pedal...it sputters and
misses
>really bad!!! (this is only when cold and up to the almost warm stage)
So, I
>replaced the injector seals, seems to have helped, but not a whole lot.
>sprayed under the hood for vacuum leaks and none popped up. Now, this s
>where I am a little stumped. I am pretty much at the end of my ideas on
>this, so, barring any flames for this NOT being a Rocco.....can anyone
help
>me. This GTI could well help me preserve my Rocco for the warm sunny
months,
>not the shovelling, "that pile of snow IS my CAR?!?!?" months.....get
me??

>                        Thanks peoples.
>

>    Verne :

I was to understand that this here Scirocco list was for Scirocco's,
which included ALL A1 cars. So, your post is right on topic IF those
inclusions are still in effect. (Who the fuck knows anymore.)

Now, you might have a too rich problem. Perhaps you have an injector or
your cold start injector is leaking fuel into the cylinders so its
caising the problem. if you already ruled out a vaccume leak, then its
got to be a raw fuel problem and since its a cold engine problem, id
suspect the cold start valve.
Disconnect the cold start valve the next time you start the car. See what
happens. Might need replacing.
GL!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and