Re: Is this List a reflection of state of the H20 VW community?

Paul, I echo your sentiments exactly.  When the car becomes simply a
fashionable platform to show how many bolt-on dollars you can spend, I for one
am not impressed.  That's where these clubs need to step up and re-evaluate
their judging criteria to be different from the other make car clubs, and
instead let things like resourcefulness in the mod itself be high on the list.
Show me a guy who welded up a turbo intake, and I'll pick that guy over anyone
with ten stressbars he had some shop bolt on for him because he doesn't know
that "clockwise tightens".  And as far as stereos go, unless it's a sound off
competition, I would require it be an automatic "dq" disqualified from judging
if you crank.  Many shows already have dj's with relevant information being
announced throughout the show, albeit sometimes poor taste in music.  Stereo
on=you're out.  Blasting a stereo at a show only sends the message you're
unapproachable and can't talk shop.

BTW, contgrats on you and your wife's finishes in autocross this season.  I'd
like to think I had a little hand in this when you we're having second thoughts
about the suspension setup.  Now driving that setup is second nature, isn't
it?  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  (Well, maybe the world and a
doughnut.)
- --
Jim Buck 1987 16v

BahnBurners has moved!  Check out some new stuff!

http://www.mixi.net/~vwpride/

- --