Re: Is this List a reflection of state of the H20 VW community?

In a message dated 10/25/98 11:50:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, BADCO45@aol.com
writes:

<< So let's keep up with
 the tech and building ideas(I know I'll need help on my 2.0 into a 'rocco),
 and hope that the young ones will learn. We can only teach them by leaving a
 good example. >>
Ok the young ones might learn . .  well I must agree we can only teach by
leaving a good example but the beging part of that statement is Horrible. .
.the young ones. . .
Well I'm only 21 but I've been around VW and Porches all my life . . .
I've been working one VW and porches since I could had my dad a wrench and
untorque a bolt with a cheater bar . . . I've done moods to German cars that
shouldn't have been done. . . My fave a V8 chev small block in a 73 914 . .
14:1 psi 16v 1.8
. . . turbo 2.1L 16v . . . 944 gt3 car . . gt4 914 . . . and my 1.9 11.5:psi
daily drive 16v. . . Now maybe Newbbies or newcomers but not Young ones. . .
If I were to give a full lest this thing would be so long on what I've learned
on my own and from friends and racers . . .

  Now I do agree with the original thrid its horrible to see VW folk not
bonding and being as friendly as the used to be. . .I can't even get most of
them to talk unless I wow them and then if they do talk all they want to know
is what you did or get all tuff and defensive . .

 I love my VW and the people who drive them . . .even the jerkie ones. .
Now for the big tip thing I do agree to an extent. . .I have a resinated 4"
tip to bring down noise and keep my freeflow set up . .  Considering its
extremly over sized. .  and all the three inch tips would have a smaller inner
diameter then my pipes. . I have 3" exhaust from the first resonator back . .
.

  I used to hate all these threads and I try not to post dumb stuff . .  but I
think we should all just leave eachother alone and just use this list for
whats its for. . learning about our roccos and not bashing other list members.
. . I've met a few of you and I think I've suprized the ones I've met. . I'm a
weird Guy and I don't seem like a VW guy  . . but I love theys lil cars. .
.I've driven almost every car I've ever wanted to Drive. . .But I'm always
back to My rocco . .
So as Lame as this sounds. .
Can't We All Just Get Along. . .
I'm Just Talking out me Arse now. . I'll Shut Up and Lurk Like usual. .
Later. .
~Danny~
88 16v Tornado red
Oh Yeah 176,000 . . . Going for at least 195,000 for waterfest time. . .
- --