Re: Help me double check my Eng. swap to do list, Pls

I would definitely replace the water pump while the car is out.  They are not
to expensive and the job is much easier with the car out.  I would also
replace the timing belt.  It only takes five minutes with the engine out of
the car.

Before you pull the engine / tranny I would also remove the cold start valve
off of the intake manifold.  That thing gets in the way and is very easy to
bang up.

As for the time frame of removing an engine / tranny, a friend of mine and I
can have one out in about two hours easy.  One person is under the car undoing
stuff, the other guy is on top removing stuff.

HTH
Dave
85 Scirocco GTX
- --