Re: [INTERIOR][Dash crack repair]

In a message dated 10/24/98 9:42:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
SCIROCCO87@aol.com writes:

>  In a message dated 10/23/98 4:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pennyz@ieway.
> com
>  writes:
>
>  << I just got a new dash and it has a minuscule crack in it. What's the
best
>   way to seal the crack to prevent it from spreading. TIA! >>
>
>  somebody on the list told me to DRILL a small hole in the very end of the
>  crack.  I did that to mine and it stopped it perfectly and that was 2
> summers  ago.  I wasn't very excited about doing it but the hole was
> small and didn't show up too bad. HTH
>  Dan May

I had one old guy do this to a windshield crack, only he etched a 'V' into
each end of the fissure. This was enough to relive the stress and prevent the
crack from spreading any further. Drilling a pair of small holes sounds sound
to me. How about back filling with some black silicon afterwards? Maybe not.

TBerk
- --