Re: gas tank

Do you have a Bentley manual? If not, get one... they're indespensible... it'll
tell you how to do it, but I'll give you a rough outline anyway. But first, what
do you mean by the rear seal on the tank?? The tank is one piece, so if anything
is leaking out of the tank, and it's not a hose or the top where it seals to the
sending unit, you're bummin'. Here's the procedure:
1. Drain the tank (usually through the fuel pump in hose)
2. Jack the rear end of the car up in the air.
3. Remove rear axle nuts (hold the rear axle to the frame- 17mm? Two on each
side) Be careful of the brake hoses- don't put too much stress on them. Let the
rear axle drop down a bit
4. Disconnect all hoses from the tank, including the sending unit at the top
(under the seat and a little round plate held on by three phillips screws)- two
wires will be at the sending unit, as well...
5. Take off the 13mm nuts that hold the straps that hold the tank into the car
6. Wrestle the tank out of the car (gently) sometimes it comes out easily,
sometimes it even falls out...

Good luck! It's a bit of a PITA : ) Maybe you just have a hose leak, that'd be
cool
    -Josiah
    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah