gas tank

hi all!
this is my first post, but i'll give it a try. i had a small accident
involving a rather large peice of asphault, my exhaust pipe, and my gas tank.
i hit the asphault and it somehow ripped the pipe off the cat. conv.. this
twisted and bent the pipe backwards into the gastank. it didn't pierce the
tank, but the rear seal on the tank leaks like a cieve. my question is....
what is the proceedure for removing the tamk and re-installing it, and was
there a recall on the gastank on an 87 scirocco 16v? thanks alot guys..

alan hoglen
silver 87 16v
- --