door won't open

Thought I'd ask you guys, even though I'm not talking about a Scirocco,
since you know all... heh.
My friend Ryan has an '86 Golf 4-door, and neither of the rear doors
will open. Now, we're not talking about the typical broken door handle
syndrome, or the child lock thing either. We ripped the door handle off
and tried to open it that way. Turns out the there was nothing wrong
with the door handle, so we broke them for no reason. The lock mechanism
is just frozen solid, and no amount of Liquid Wrench and coaxing seems
to make them break free. We really need to get these doors open to
replace the lock mechanisms so he can sell the car, which is otherwise
in pretty good condition (except for the rear hatch, which won't open,
either, but I know what's up with that). Any advice, tricks, anything,
would be appreciated. Thanks!
    -Josiah
    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah

- --