Re: hood hinge removal

We have to remove the hinges sevral times a season in the dirt
Sciroccos to re-straighten them.

If you reach up under where the hinges pivot, you will feel a clip
that slides over the pin.  I can usually pry the clip off  with my
fingers.  You may need to do some neat body contortions to reach it,
but it is there.  Once the clip is off, the hinge just slides off the
pin.

HTH

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chair
78 DSP VW Scirocco regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway
Ugly 78 Scirocco , needs a motor  SOLD!!
80 Scirocco-S  copper, getting a 1.8L next week
- --