Re: Pulled over again for window tint (long)

My windows aren't tinted.
Recently, though, after tens of thousands of miles spent at about 90-95 mph
on the highway in my 8v, I finally got "pulled": five blocks from my house,
doing 30 in a 25 zone.  Actually, I was moving at 35, but the officer
(apparently due to my politeness and humble response to all his attention)
wrote the speed as 30, indicating to me that what we had here was indeed a
"quota" ticket!
Well, I did the system thing, went to the $50.00 traffic school (to keep the
insurance down), and paid the $110.00 that extra 5 mph cost me.  Oh well.
The cost/speed ratio in my city here is pretty steep.  My only other run-in
with the law (where I was caught, mind you) was a 30-mph over the limit gig
on Hwy 99 in California.  Not endangering anybody, just minding my own
business.  A good song was on the radio, as I recall.  Point is, and sorry I
digress, that one cost me $240.  So, in Yuba county one gets much more for
his money (as opposed to Stanislaus Co.)!!  Maybe there should be a standard
for speeding ticket costs.  At least then those of us in the Autobahn
Society will know what we're getting into when we speed (safely).

Dave

P.S. I have driven a 735i at over 125 mph, and it was far safer than any
American lead sled at 75.  Amazing that such unresponsive iron is still such
a prevalent part of our auto landscape!