need speedo advice/part needed

I took out my gauge cluster to fix an intermittant odometer (mark at
adirondack said just superglue the pinion onto the metal shaft). In so doing,
when I removed the cable from the back of the cluster, the little square drive
adapter came with the cluster and is no longer on the cable. now what do I do-
do I need a new cable? the drive piece does have a stress crack in it, but the
speedo always worked. the odometer, once in a while.

also I tried spinning the speedo over by hand and the worm gear for the pinion
of the odometer does not seem to be moving. is the head unit bad?

anyone want to part with a Momo steering wheel adapter? the wheel I have was
on a BMW 320I and the splines are wrong.

TIA

Ken
FS 4 93 LX 5.0
85 Wolfie 8V (now with speeding excuse)