RE: Another vs.. '87 Scirocco 16v vs '88 Supra Turbo

Insurance should be bad news--lots o'power.
230 HP
Good suspension geometry - probably a little soft after 10 years, but
potentially very good.
Heavy though.  It will be nowhere near as nimble as a Scirocco, but ultimate
limits should be a little higher.  0-60 should be in the mid six second
range w/ 1/4 around 15 flat.  Top speed should be a bit over 140.  If well
maintained the engine should last a long time - it is understressed.  230 hp
is nothing for a 3 liter 24 valve turbo.  Later versions of that engine made
320hp (stock).

HTH

- --