Re: Cold start valve

At 02:36 PM 10/22/98 , ruben cortez wrote:
>Hi everyone.
>
>Is there a way to check the valve to see if it's working properly, on
>a 16v roc?
>
>Ohmmeter this morning showed about 4 ohms.  Battery is getting weaker
>each morning, because of too many cranks.  Runs great when it starts,
>and idles fine too.

Ruben,
	Don't worry about the cold start valve... sounds like you have the same
problem I did... cranking and cranking and cranking every time the car's
cold... and then starts up just like nothing was wrong, and runs perfectly?
	If so, just run a thick ground strap from the battery to the mounting
plate of the ignition coil... attach it to the bolt that holds the mounting
plate to the firewall.  I used a thick, red starter cable from Pep Boys.
	It completely cured all of my cold starting problems- and I am sure it
will do same for you!
	Good luck and tell me what happens!

		Jason

- --