Re: [humble][death to a M3 tonight]

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:07:06 -0400 Jason <jason@scirocco.org> writes:
>-story snipped-

Damn, thats one nasty accident jason. Im glad you both made it relatively
OK after all of that. Cars out of control care not very nice to the
people inside them.

>But bravo to Shawn... you did the right thing.  I wish I didn't have to
>walk 1/8 of a mile to call an ambulance for myself after going through
>something like that...

Well, I honestly don't think I deserve or need any praise from my
actions. I did what I would hope everybody would do for me if I ended up
in their situation.

I also wasn't the only one who stopped. There were a few other people
there but they acted like they didn't want to get involved or maybe they
saw me there doing all the talking and just let me be. I hadn't thought
about that until just now.
The beauty of today's technology is that there were probably 50  911
calls made by passers by. (The freeway closed down from 6 lanes to just 2
from all the debris from the car and Iceplant. It took probably 5 minutes
to get a police unit and medics there but when your in a situation, time
stands still and it seems like it takes forever until help arrives. There
wasn't much I could do for the guy other than keep his girlfriend calm. I
had her applying pressure to his head wound which kept her busy and with
her boyfriend. So, I didn't do much really.
The replay of the cars headlights spiraling at, and then behind me, are
continuous. Weird.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and