Re: Final Drive Ratios

> Does anybody have any experience or thoughts with diiferent final drive
> ratios?  I can't decided which ratio I'm going to make, I need more
> input. I'm thinking somewhere between  4.25-4.9 .
>
>             Thanx,  Andy

Andy,  What are you planning on doing with the car?  Auto-x?
Street? Drag? To me that has a lot to do with what FD you want to
use.  I used to run a 4.25 in my MK1, it was cool but it was real
hard to keep the tires from hopping on a HARD launch esp if you
have a built motor.  It will make 1st *almost* a useless gear..you'll
be through it in no time & even 5th will be buzzy with a tall gear.  I
had a .75 with a 4.25 & I was still taching almost 4k @ 80.  Don't
get me wrong changing the FD can really wake your car up but
there is a few things to consider before you jump in to something
too low.  Besides it's not like it's a 20min bolt on deal ;)

HTH

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman
kmpotter@ix.netcom.com