Swapping Engines...HELP!!!

Well,

I finally dropped the old carbed motor out (by myself may I add - it's
really not all that difficult) but now I have realized that there a number
of things which I don't know where to hook up or I don't know what they are
used for.  I'll asked just a few questions for now.  BTW, I will be
attempting a similar swap in the spring with my 81 Scirocco.

1)  the car is a 84 Rabbit and the motor is from a 83 Gti.  The extra pipe
which runs along exhaust downpipe.  Is it found on the fuel inj cars are
where does it hook up to.

2)  should I change the box under the glovebox and how about the unit on
the driver's side near the wiper motor (what's that for anyways).

3) do I need to change the coil or is the carb and fuel inj. coils the same.

I guess I'll keep it short for now and hopefully I will figure things out.
I don't want to be without a car for too long.  And to those of you who
attempted engine swaps, I understand what you guys and gals went through.
Hopefully when I'm done, it'll start.

Thanks,

Sal

- --