Transmission mfg. date code.

As we all know, on the outside "bell housing" (lower front) of the 020
transmission there is a machined flat spot with numbers stamped into it,
indicating the transmission type code such as AGB or 2Y.

Can someone PLEASE verify for me that the numbers to the right of the type
code are a manufacturing date?  I have this faint recollection that they are
the day (first two digits), month (second two digits), and year of
production (last digit).

Muchos gracias.

- -Bradley

- --