Re: tranny manipulation

At 05:11 PM 10/20/98 -0400, you wrote:

>It can be done with the trans in the car with the correct tools but
>it is eaiser with the trans out IMHO.

I haven't done one, but I saw one done with the trans in the car. Remove
the wheel, and you should have pretty simple access to the the 5th gear
housing. There's a special tool you need, to keep one of the rods from
falling into the transmission(I'm quite vague on this, I remember it was
required, I don't remember exactly what it was used on), but even this can
be a rigged tool, I think a clothes hanger will work.
Pulling the tranny seems like overkill.

Brad

- --