Re: LCD Dash: Can It Be Done??

At 01:52 PM 10/20/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Could I just say right now that I appriciate comments from anybody who
>wants to give them,whether good or bad!

If you're going the big money route, and drop an entire laptop into it,
just separating the display driver from it, it might not be as bad. You
won't have to design all of your own hardware, just the power
supply/interfacing logic. Even these pieces you should be able to purchase
for another several hundred US$. I think if you look at programming
languages, you will find some higher level ones that have ready made analog
style widgets that you can just drop into your program. I have seen some
for VBasic, I can't remember if it came with it, I think it may have been a
library you could purchase from a third party for a few hundred dollars.
But, hey, its only money!Like I said before, this will still be a bit of a
task, although as with all tasks, the more money you throw at it, the
easier it gets. But still, this will be a pretty big project.

Brad

- --