Roc Alarm Possessed By Evil

Well Hiya folks,I've been off-list for some time now due to work,but I'm
glad to be back and want to share my experiences of my possessed car
alarm.
I've started the main install (cables,amps,subs) of my stereo
system.On Saturday,I stripped out my old install,all carpets,cables and
sound proofing (including bulkhead/firewall).Whilst doing this,my mate,
Binny,was cutting the bottom floor of my install to fit perfectly into
the boot space.It took me ages to strip everything out,due to a cheap
shite alarm some idiot fitted before I got the babe.This alarm has been
nothing but a f@#king nightmare,with the siren causing leaking problems
where it was attached to the bulk head, numerous embarising "Cat Weller
of the Year" false alarms,due to it somehow activating itself.I thought
I'd solved the problem when I removed the siren from under the bonnet,
but as I found out on Saturday,I was wrong.Whilst removing the "concealed,
my friggin ass" switch from under the dash,I mearly cut the cables
thinking I had removed all power,without any problems.Once the switch was
removed, I decided to leave the dangling 6 or 7 cables until I could decide
how to pull the well stuck cables from the hole in the bulk head,where it
went through to the siren.Anyway, I continued removing everything,finally
getting finished at about 6 in the evening and duely jumped into my rather
strange looking 'rocco,looking forward to the short drive home with my
super-lite Roc.I turned the ignition key and I thought the fuse box was about
to blow!!!Instead of the normal click,click vvvrrrrooooooommmm,all I got
was relays going daft and lights flickering everywhere.Quite pissed,I
started to check what I'd done.Straight away I checked all this old alarm
crap on the engine bay side of the bulk head,to find the alarm's brain
was still live and working,due to the live wire being coloured BLUE instead
of the standard red.I disconnected the power and removed the immobilising
connections (yes.....it was probably me at fault for not removing this
connection before hand,but hey,cheap alarms usually only have one
immobiliser,unlike this one.Of course the cables were hiding underneath
part of the harness,so I could be forgiven!)Anyway,I sorted all this
checked everything was dead and went for rocket launch again,needless
to say,she started after the normal two turns of the starter!Phew....
all this typing is givin' me sore fingers....anyway I just wanted to
share this moment of joy that I have finally said good ridance to
this alarm,looking to a bright future with my cured Rocco,free of evil
alarms,with good ole Uncle Clifford watchin' her ass and finally getting
my main ICE install started.I have taken pics,so I can document start
to finish of my install,which when complete,will be available for all
to see.

Talk to ye's later!

Ewen.

- --