Re: [Karting][Kicked-ass dude!][U.S. lights suck]

At 08:15 PM 10/18/98 EDT, you wrote:
>That would be Matt. Ever since I first raced him a few months ago and
>spanked him heartily, he has gotten very fast. Then again, he works there
>and get alot of track time so he should be fast! Also recall that I
>started dead last on the 2nd and 3rd heat. The first run was to show you
>guys the line on the oval to try and get you guys up to speed a bit so I
>didn't pass you like 3 times in one race or something.
>(Brad, didn't I pass you 3 times in the last 2 races?)  LOL!

Sure, I let people pass me, because my cart was so much slower, I just
couldn't hang on the straights. I kept an eye out for you though, when you
were coming up. Just a little more power on mine, and I'd have been able to
plant you easily. As it was, with a little more practice, I'll be able to
plant you regardless of how much faster your cart is. I also learned from
Shawn that paying the attendants off to get the fastest cart is a good idea.

>Well, she was very tired to begin with and im sure her competitive spirit
>just wasn't there that time of night. Im guilty of planting her once
>going into turn one. I had set up to pass her on the outside and at the
>last second, she moved to the outside. Well, with my momentum I had going
>into 1, all I could do was brake, turn to the inside and try to make the
>impact as soft as I could. Not her fault. SORRY KATHY!! :)
>She was a good sport about it.

>It really does. There is a very fine line there since the racing surface
>is so slick. Getting the kart into the turns and coming out of them FAST
>takes a few laps to figure out. The next time you guys come again to
>race, you will be faster. (I fear Doug's return, Brad I welcome his
>return, Its good to have a "Punt boy" out there!)

Keep it up funny boy. Next time I'll bring a car battery in to give my cart
some extra power, and a couple of 2x4s to jam under your wheels in the
corners.

>I had the same problem. The first 5 laps I had lots of power. After that
>I was using less and less brakes in the corner. At first I thought hey,
>this thing is starting to grip better in the corners. Then I got passed
>easily by Matt. (Whom I had passed 4 laps earlier.) Then I just rode
>around WOT everywhere.

Thats what I started doing very quickly. But I still couldn't hang on the
straights, even when the corner exit speeds were pretty close. The thing
was just way underpowered.

>I had a fun time. Even tho the whole time Brad was trying to orchestrate
>a plan to put me into the wall all the time. heh!! He was even trying to
>bribe a guy we let run with us to stick me in the wall. it figures Brad
>would need help there too...

 I didn't have to bribe him to plant you. Besides the satisfaction would
only be in doing the job myself. Matt was supposed to plant him because
Shawn was beating up on Matts g/f, and tripped her. Which is pretty much
par for the course, Shawn beating up a girl, because thats the only person
there that couldn't stomp him into the ground. Even then, he was afraid to
pick on Julie, and Kathy, he picked a tiny little high school girl to beat
up on. What a punk!

>We did do a headlight comparison with Brads 16V with the H1/H4 lights and
>my stock lights. His were much brighter. I just might have to upgrade. He
>followed me to the Kart track and his lights did not seem that bright.

  Currently, I'm just running the standard 55/60 H4s, and 55 H1s. I bought
some higher power H4s, but wound up using them on my bike. As much
difference as they made on my bike, I can't wait to try them on my 16V. I
just need to upgrade my relay harness to handle the extra power.

  Let me make a chart to outline what Shawn figured out:

Bright                    Dim
my cars headlights        Shawns cars headlights
Me                        Shawn

That about sums it up...

>Anyways, what does anybody think about trying this again in mid
>November??

I'm game. Maybe we can get some more poeple to show up...

Brad

- --