Water temperatures???

(I sent this yesterday too, but it never got to the list, so I apologize
if I am repeating myself).

The VDO water temp. gauge (250F) shows about 160F when the car is
warm (ie, swing gauge is right on top of the LED). Is that low?
Those of you who have a water temp. gauge: What temperatures are you
getting?

I have a 125C sender hooked up (257F), so I would probably be more
accurate if I had a 120C sender there (248F), but that shouldn't
make much of a difference.

Thanks,

Ilias