defroster/heater

i ve been trying to work all the bugs out of the 82 rocco i just bought.
wednesday i finially got the thing running and i have been driving it
ever since.  on of the first prob.s i have noticed is that the
defroster/heater blows very weakly.  it takes 10 mins for the windsheild
to actually defrost.  i have current at the switch but i am (so far)
unable to take the heater box apart. i cannot feel any air comming out
of the vents( maybe a slight breeze)  has anyone had any exp. with the
heating the system and have a clue why i am not getting heat?  i really
need this car scince i wrecked my 96 gti two months ago and sold my 88
16v gti about a week ago.  TIA for any help
dennis ackley
82 rocco (no heat)
98 yamaha yzf R1(absolutly no heat)

- --