Re: Re: BMW almost made the New Scirocco, why can't VW?

In response I wan't to espound my thoughts a bit more clearly. I was drawing
comparisons between the BMW sportster and the new M model. By using existing
platforms they minimize development costs, yada, yada, yada.

I didn't really mean to say that the M coupe was equivilent to a Scirocco,
rather that it was a great example of how VW might create something simular
for thier consumers.

The New Beetle is fine but I'm inclined towards the current Passat and/or the
Next Jetta ( 'pends on seeing it in real life, etc ).

I'd rather have a sporty 4 seater ( or 2+2 ) w/ some cargo area in back. More
low slung than the Golf, 2.0 liter with open breathing or the 1.8t. The Audi
sporster will be great for the weekender "Just me and my baby..."  crowd.
But, there could be a car for the more everyday folks that it might fit as the
everyday car and not just as as the "Fun" car.

The Corrado seemed too shrunken up around it's head and shoulders w/ an
unbalanced feel to it. Never could warm up to them-there aberations.

All I saying in the end is that a new body on top of the current generation's
proven engine and suspension would be a good thing.

TBerk
- --