"Baby, I Bent my Bunny" or How I came to part out my GTI

Ran into the back of a truck's spindly trailer and it bent my passenger's side
underpinnings a bit.  Found out that the damage exposed the previous owner had
a similar accident in the same place in the past and it was covered up- led to
a weak collapsible beam in the front end. Local shops want $500 min. to pull
it straight again, even more to cut and weld back in a new beam.

Time to retire the Ol' Grey Dog-   sniff, sniff.

Silver '84 w/ 152K miles
(I'm keeping the engine ---> the Scirocco)
Fenders, hatch and hood- great shape, but faded paint on hood.
Blue interior, drivers seat has the standard rip, otherwise OKy-dokey.
Silver & Black 'snowflake' GTI rims.
Replacement GTI grill just picked up from 'the Yard'.
Close Ratio Gear box up for a reasonable offer. They are fun but I like my
ratios wide, thankyouverymuch.

In any case, sorry for the non-scirocco post, Oh wait- I'm going to drop the
1.8 liter in the Roc, so..... there you go. ;]

Drop me a line if this has possibilities for you, I'd just as soon not ship
big heavy things. I am located in the SF bay area.

TBerk

PS- Thing's pretty stock but has mucho torque; All this drama and I never got
out of 1st gear. :P
- --