From: Rich Deede----TOOL FAN <rdeed@udel.edu>
To: Tim Ebling <tim@surreal.com>
Cc: "'Scirocco Mail List'" <scirocco-l@privateI.com>
Subject: Re: 16v Turbo/Supercharged?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:23:23 -0400 (EDT)

There is a place not far from me in Maryland, that in their adds in
Euopean car advertise 8v and 16v turbo setups.  My friend has been there
and said that these guys have done some outrageous modifications.  Let me
know if you want more info on them and I'll go dig it up.

HTH,

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1987 Scirocco 16v

"Think about how dumb the average person is, and then remember that half
the population is EVEN stupider!"....George Carlin

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Tim Ebling wrote:

> Ok with the suggestion that the talk turn more performance oriented,
here's
> my chance to start a new thread :)
>
> I'm going to be doing the 16v 2.0l "thing" to my '88 16v, hopefully
sometime
> within the next year.  I'm in the planning/research phase now, and that
also
> involves the possibility of going to some kind of forced air setup.  So
what
> I'm wondering is, does anybody out there have DIRECT experience with
16v
> turbos or superchargers?  They seem to be a fairly rare breed, but
certainly
> not nonexistant.
>
> What I've found out so far, as far as "kits" go is this:  New
Dimensions is
> NOT planning to make a supercharger to fit the A1 (bummer).  However,
I've
> heard rumors that Momentum Motorsport (Canada) has already built a
> supercharged 16v 2.0l (Eaton supercharger) that kicks major ass.  As to
> whether there will be a kit, who knows.  Turbos are even more elusive.
> There's a guy who's building a 16v turbo, his web site is at:
>
> http://members.aol.com/drh2ocool/drh2ocool.html
>
> I've already emailed him, and his project is definitely interesting.
He got
> the turbo exhaust manifold from the UK, and is using a Garrett turbo.
> There's another place in Arizona called Montz VW, and our friend PC
Handyman

scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,

- --------- End forwarded message ----------