[Techn,Idle) Idle 1800p/min after hitting 200km/h with my car!

After I hit 200km/h mark by my speedo my Idle went up to 1800p/min and no
way it's coming down. It's been so for 2 month already and I can't find
cure. Any ideas? Checked all the cabling and stuff, but no use! Gas/mileage
has gone bad too!

My mechanic suggested to go to VW dealer, but they charge 35$ per hour just
to check what's wrong and usual outcome is that buy a new car...

Lauri!
'84 Scirocco GTI Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!

- --