Re: 16v heads - 2.0 or 1.8?

In a message dated 10/12/98 12:34:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
veedublu@wirural.net writes:

> Do I want to use
>  the 1.8 or 2.0 head?
You want to use the 1.8 head on the 2.0 bottom. My good friend has been a VW
mechanic at a dealership for many years and I consider him an authority. He
said the 1.8 head flows much better. We've done several of them here at our
shop and they've all been impressive. The last one was a 2.0l w/ 1.8l 16v head
in a Mk1 2 door Jetta and it's fast! Hope that's some help for you.

Frank
- --