16v heads - 2.0 or 1.8?

Alright, I know we've gone through this before but I wasn't paying
attention...

I recently acquired a '91 Passat parts car with a 2.0 16v engine (only
66,000 miles!) with intentions of putting the 2.0 shortblock into my 16v
pickup.  I had planned on using the head from the 1.8 16v that's
currently in the truck.  This project will have money put into it...
cams, header, and maybe in the future a supercharger.  Do I want to use
the 1.8 or 2.0 head?  I received the following in an email from a guy
that I don't really know whether to believe or not (he wants to buy the
2.0 head):

The difference in the 2.0 head is that the port seperation is the
difference. VW tried to get more low end power
out of the motor by joining the ports in a different location. Also the
two heads with porting can be equal, so you want more low end
grunt use a 2.0 Head but if you want more flow port the 2.0 head or just
bolt on the 1.8 head, but both heads are capable of giving
the same top end performance but the 2.0 head is capable of giving
better bottom end performance in stock form.

Any suggestions?  I like low end torque...  that's what I'm hoping to
gain by installing the 2 liter shortblock.  However, I like top end
horsepower also  :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and forgive me for not paying
attention the first time

John

'87 16v Scirocco
and lots of other stuff