Re: Blown headgasket..Help

No definite way that I know of, but several telltale signs, two of which you
have said. I would do a compression test, should be even across the board, up in
the upper 100's for a 16v (like 180, 190). Just look for strange things, and
find out why it overheats- probably a bad fan thermoswitch, that's what it often
is... see if the fan runs when the temp guage gets up above 1/2. It should. If
it doesn't run when the guage is at 2/3, something is definitely wrong.
    -Josiah