Re: Scirocco owners UNITE!!

Hi everyone,

With regards to this guy with the Integra GS-R, I have a few simple words.

I probably have a third of the money invested in my Scirocco that this guy
has in his Honda.  If, for some reason, I felt compelled to invest another
$10,000 in my car (still keeping me below the purchase cost of his car), I
would probably drop some badass engine and tranny (perhaps a fully stroked
and built Drake?) in the front of my car, resulting in a twelve year old
coupe that could spank just about any sub-exotic.  That price would
probably include a brand new suspension (H&R coilovers?), extra frame
reenforcing, etc., etc.  (great, now I'm dreaming about what I could do
with ten grand ...)

It's a matter of numbers, boys.  It cost me over six hundred dollars in
exhaust alone to take me from racing stock Rabbits to stock RX-7's.
Whenever I get around to installing my throttle body and cam, I'll pull
myself up one more notch on the ladder.  Tricked Integras are a few rungs
up the ladder, but I'm not worried.  I have spent thousands less than they
have - and quite frankly, my pearl-silver Scirocco still draws more looks
than the bottom feeders (you know, those dumbass front spoilers, AKA
Chrysler) from the land of the rising sun.  And I probably get more smiles
from my cars than the penis-challenged who buy cars like Integra GS-R's.
(this is more of a slam against Mustang drivers, though, who I am firmly
convinced drive these cars to compensate for some mistake at birth that
cost them their manlihood.)

Cheers,
- -- Michael I-got-up-too-early-this-morning Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the still very horny daily driver

Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms

- --