75-79 Bentley Cold Start Valve test is Bogus

 The section in the 75-79 Bentley for testing the cold start valve is
bogus.  On page 44 of the Fuel Exhaust system, step 6 says to jumper
the thermo switch to test the operation of the cold start.  This is
after you determined the cold start valve does not leak during normal
driving.  Well apon further review, the cold start will never work if you
do this.  To test the operation of the valve you need to ground the green
w/white wire to the body/chassis at the thermo switch.  If you jumper the
thermo, both wires that lead to the cold start will now have 12.6v on
startup thereby disabling it.  Man, how could they screw the pooch on that
one?  Hope that clears it up for those who were confused like me  =)

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79

(Now I know my thermo-time switch is busted)

- --