Re: Tires

Well what the hell is wrong with my car then?   I have an '84 with them
"crappy" 13 inchers on.   One day Neal and I get bored and decide to do
a lot of work just before a thunderstorm rolls in and swap out my 13's
with the 14's off of a 98 GTI, just to see what they looked like.
Before we could see what they felt like, we noticed a nasty
rubbing/grinding noise from the rear.   We checked it and found the
clearance in between the tire and rear spring reeeeaaallly small.   We
had three people in the car so I'm thinking maybe my suspension (stock,
older, etc.) just gave way a little more than your guys'.   the GTI's
tires are, 195's I think, I hear some of you running 205's?   As wide as
my old Chevelle? sheesh.   would sport suspension, or at least sport
struts and springs solve this?

- --