From: GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV <GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV>
To: GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV <GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV>; scirocco-L@scirocco.org
<scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Date: Thursday, October 08, 1998 11:32 AM
Subject: WHEELS

:I just purchased my first Scirocco (MK1) a few weeks ago and I need new
:tires, but before I go with some standard 175/70R/13 I thought I would ask
:the list for an opinion.
:
:I know I guy who wants to sell his 14 inch rims from a 1984 GTI.
:Does it make good sense to go ahead with the 13 inch to 14 inch ugrade?
:I could put a lower profile tire on say a 185/60R/14.
:
:Are these  '84 GTI rims  "hub-centric" Does it matter?
:
:And lastly can someone fill me in on the  mm off-set issue? What is it
:good fer?
:
:Thanks!
:David Guido
:1980 Scirocco
:--
:To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,
:with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

- --