Re: WHEELS

All stock VW wheels are going to be hubcentric, AFAIK.
Going with the 14" upgrade will get you better handling, no two ways about it.
I noticed a huge difference when I did it. If you go with 185/60R14 tires then
you'll have the same outside rolling diameter and your speedo will still be
correct. Besides, Rabbit GTi wheels look cool, IMHO.
The Rabbit GTi wheels are going to be 38mm offset. What it means it how far off
from the center of the mounting point is the center of the rim. I don't know
exactly how to calculate it and I'm probably a bit wrong, but I do know that a
higher offset means that the wheel is closer in to the car, while a lower
offset means they are further out. I think most Scirocco wheels, and all 14" VW
mags are 38mm offset. 13" mags vary, up to 45mm offset. But I think the
"spider" 13" alloys that came on Sciroccos are 38mm. I dunno. In any case,
you'll be fine with Rabbit GTi wheels.
    -Josiah