Total VW coolness

Hi everyone,

I had a completely wicked night last night, and I have to share it with
everyone.  I was cruising down the QEW (Canadian highway, for those of you
not from Ontario), heading towards Niagara Falls.  A black GTI pulled up
next to me, with this absolutely gorgeous woman driving.  She egged me on,
and started to speed off.

Needless ot say, I dropped into fourth faster than you can say
"fahrvergnugen", and caught up.  We tagged each other in the left lane for
a while, until I had to get off the QEW and head south on the 406.  I
waved and got into the right lane ... started south on the 406, and she
appeared behind me again!  Actually, she snuck up on me and smoked me!  I
caught up (again), and we played tag for another few kilometres.  I'm
stoked by this point - totally digging this chick who knows how to drive
this car.  It wasn't a VR6, so we kept up to each other pretty
consistantly.

About a mile up the road, she got off the highway and headed for a gas
station.  I pulled off as well, and we pulled into the gas bar together.
What a sight - a black GTI and a silver 'rocco parked side by side.  I
shut my engine off first, and listened to her car ... sounded a bit
throatier than a stock GTI ... she shut her engine off, got out, and
circled around my car slowly.  I did the same, and noticed that she was
running a nice set of Momo arrow rims.  She commented on my steering
wheel, and I looked inside her car to find the same steering wheel *and*
the same shift knob *and* the same pedals.  It also had a nice exhaust
with the two upturned chrome tips (I see a lot of those on BMW's) and some
sort of lowered suspension.

She walked past me with that evil girl smile and asked if I really needed
gas.  I blushed and admitted I had almost a full tank.  She laughed and
grabbed the gas nozzle ... turns out she's from Scarborough, and was just
down visiting a friend in Welland.  If it wasn't bad enough that I was
completely swooning over her and her car, I asked her if this was her only
VW.  Turns out she used to drive a Scirocco!  Jesus almighty, I almost
melted into a puddle of mush on the spot.  She finished filling up her
car, and ran her index finger down the hood of my car .... said that I
should take good care of my "beautiful" Scirocco.

Then she left.  I stood in the middle of the gas bar like some awestruck
deer caught in the headlights, until some minivan pulling in honked me out
of the way.

Man oh man.

- -- Michael Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper