[mk2] seat frame q's - details

I seem to have confused some people, I know an A1 seat is an A1
seat and are all interchangable, however I need to know if the
actual, skeletal frame of the back portion of the seats are the same
from different styles of various A1 seats. I know of 3 very distinct
A1 seats, the 16v Scirocco, the cloth seats with side bolsters and
the cloth sets with no bolsters. I have 2 skins and foam from the
scirocco 16v sport seats but completely trashed metal frames and am
looking to buy  a good frame to slip my skins on, I'm looking for any
firsthand experience or secondhand knowledge if anyone has done
this sorta seat rescue, as I'd hate to buy some junker seats, ter em
all down and realize the frame is different and the skins dont fit
and then the wife gets pissed yada yada yada.

Ryan
Ryan
- --