coil continuity

okay so I pulled the coil out and if  I am reading my ohmeter correctly, the
resistance from the pos. to the tower is ~3100 ohms, within spec. the
resistance to the pos and neg is ~1.2 ohms, out of spec. the book shows .5 to
.7 ohm. my question is , is it out of spec bad enough to be fatal to the
starting of the car?

Also, there is a ground strap bolted to the coil bracket. on my car the other
end was not bolted to anything- where does this go? surely this is nescessary.

Ken
93 LX 5.0
85 Wolfie 8V
89 Grand Am, getting attacked by Ivy in the back yard
- --